Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Visit to Branson, Missouri

A few weeks ago I had the great pleasure of seeing performances and visiting with two great pro vents in Branson, Missouri - Todd Oliver and Jim Barber.

You may have seen Todd during "Ventriloquist Week" on The David Letterman show in September. Todd has several live dogs in his act that talk.

My family and I saw Todd's show on the Branson Belle Showboat (where Todd is the headline act) and then visited with him after the show. I also was invited out to Todd's house and got to see his amazing collection of 8 x 10 photos of ventriloquists of yesterday and today. The walls of his home are literally lined with hundreds of photos, posters, etc.

It was a great visit. If you go to Branson, you must see Todd's show. www.toddoliver.com

I also got to see Jim Barber's hilarious ventriloquism, illusion and variety show he performs with magician Dave Hamner.

They own the Hamner Barber Theater. Once again, I was able to visit with both Jim and Dave after the show. Really great people.

Jim's comedy and ventriloquism is fantastic and Dave's illusion show is magnificant. This show was one of the highlights of my visit to Branson.

Be sure to go see the Hamner Barber Variety Show if you go to Branson.

www.hamnerbarber.com

1 comment:

Kimn said...

Hi Lee, I'm a vent who, like you, discovered the amazing range of talent in the Hamner-Barber Show in Branson, MO last year. Dave Hamner (magician) and Jim Barber (ventriloquist) are astounding! My husband and sons still talk about the mind-blowing "Beside Myself" bit that Jim does, when he comes out onstage carried like a dummy by his life-sized puppet! (You can see it on YouTube now, posted by Barber.) Absolutely top-notch entertainment.

Great website here, too. Thanks for providing so many great resources for visitors interested in ventriloquism. I'd like to include a link to it at my site (http://www.kimn.net/vent/enter.htm). Thanks again for all you do on behalf of ventriloquism.

God bless,
Kimn Swenson Gollnick & "Ronnie Smith"