Thursday, January 11, 2018

Vent Haven 2017 Performance

A dream came true for me at the Vent Haven ConVENTion in July of 2017. I was asked to perform on the Wednesday night show, along with Lori Bruner and Pete Michaels.

My first convention was in 1981. I was so in awe of seeing many of my vent heroes that first year.

Fast forward to 2017 and I have become friends with many of the pros in the business I've admired for years, as well as many of the attendees.

I wanted to do an act unlike one anyone had seen before at Vent Haven. The premise was to have four mini-acts to the routine which ultimately were to go wrong.

I got into an argument with a microphone stand, had my Sammy King tribute go down the toilet when Francisco the Mexican Parrot refused to do the bit, got tackled by retired NYPD police officer Vinnie Ewart when he mistakenly thought I was ripping off Jeff Dunham's Achmed routine and closed the show with an appearance by the King (with audience member David Turner).

I think the audience had fun and I had a blast playing the part of a performer who's act has gone off the rails. 

Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to be part of another show there in the future. I'll never forget that night. Can't wait until next years convention!

No comments: