Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vent Haven Convention - 28 Years Ago

I came across my program for the 1981 Vent Haven conVENTion this morning. I thought I would post it for you to take a look at to see the lecture topics, show info, etc.


Click to Enlarge


Click to enlarge

The convention I attended this past July was the 33rd one.

The 1981 convention was the 7th. Man, where does the time go?

Back in 1981, the convention had contests and trophies were awarded to 1st and 2nd place winners in the Junior and Senior performance catagory.

Other awards were the Bill Boley Distant Voice Award, Bill DeMar Manipulation Award, a John Arvitas figure to the most deserving young vent and the W.S. Berger Ventriloquist of the Year Award. Johnny Main won in 1981.

If I recall, there was also a luncheon or dinner included as part of the convention.

No comments: