Saturday, July 26, 2008

2008 Vent Haven ConVENTion a huge success!

Well, I just returned from the 2008 Vent Haven International Convention last weekend. Man, what a great time. I think this was one of the most fun conventions I've been to over the past 27 years.

I saw a lot of great friends and made new ones. Over 440 people attended this year, which says how dedicated this group of people are, with gas prices being so high right now.

"America's Got Talent" winner Terry Fator was there and performed. I can tell that his Vegas show is going to be a real hit. Terry donated $10,000 to the Vent Haven museum!


with Terry Fator

Another highlight for me was that at the 2nd annual auction for a private midnight tour of the Vent Haven museum with Jeff Dunham, a group of 6 of us who teamed up to bid won the auction.

So, we went to the museum and took as much time as we wanted to go through all of the buildings and see all of the figures. Jeff also donated $10,000 to the museum this year.


with Jeff Dunham at the Vent Haven Museum midnight tour

I've posted some pictures of the convention here:

http://www.ventriloquism101.com/gallery/venthaven2008.htm

If you've never attended the convention, you're missing out on a LOT of information and fun. Put it on your calendar for next year NOW, and start saving.

No comments: